Monday, August 25, 2008

More About Mackey

I always check with dogs' owners when I write about their dog(s) in my blog. Usually, they are delighted to see my stories and appreciate the spotlight on their dear friend.

When I wrote about Dogs and Rain, Mackey's owner sent me this interesting addition about him that I thought others would enjoy. Look for Mack's photo too.

One thing about Mack’s weather behavior that has always interested us is his ability to forecast a storm long before there is any local change in the weather. It can be a perfectly clear day, with blue skies and not a breath of wind, but Mack will sniff the air and sense something that will immediately trigger his nervousness. An hour or two later the storm will hit and he’s always 100% correct with his forecast!! Is it a change in the barometric pressure or in the atmospheric electrical charge that he detects? Or is it something else entirely beyond the limits of our human senses?

No comments: